Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let's get started.

I have received an extreme amount of support from fellow Ron Paul fans on Digg, and unfortunately, I may be a little too busy to manage this effort as much as I would like, especially since my main focus is my education.

The typical RonPaul bury brigade members are trying to get me to add them as friends, so when I shout something, they're quick to spread it to their circle and quickly bury it. I have to be extremely careful to review comments for all members who add me as friends. Fortunately they aren't very cleaver.

Now that I'm overwhelmed with plenty of Ron Paul fans trying to be part of this, I'm going to need help finding appropriate articles to shout out.

I have read about people calling this effort a terms of service violation. So I just read the Digg terms of service, and I think you can claim this is technically an organized effort meant to artificially affect the digg count, but you can say the bury brigade is just as much one, so it would be hypocritical for them point the finger. I personally see no foul intentions in what I'm doing. I'm just out looking for fellow Ron Paul fans to network with and share good internet sites with.

All we need to do is create digg headlines that are front-page worthy. Like I said before, I don't digg any Ron Paul articles I see. Here is my criteria for grading posts:

1. Accurate title and description. They need to describe what the digg post links to accurately, must have good grammar, and must not suggest personal bias or views. This is an example of something I won't digg, since the user took absolutely no effort to accurately describe the content of the link.

2. Linked content must be newsworthy. I came across a digg post featuring a picture of a prarie dog carrying a machine gun, and red letters that say "Get on the money train." (link) This is what I would categorize as Ron Paul spam, and things like this only validates the mission of this Ron Paul Bury Brigade. 

3. Make the first few comments are well thought out. The first few comments on the message board are often just as important than the digg description at effecting viewers' opinion of the article.

Tip: When submitting articles, make an effort to conceal the name "Ron Paul" from the headline. This would make the article harder to find by the bury brigade. The headline needs to be enticing, nonetheless.

I'm open to suggestions. Let's not keep generating Ron Paul spam. I will only shout things that meet these criteria. Now let's paint Digg Ron Paul!

No comments: